Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Some more Kahler funnies

So, I know I talk about the kids I watch a lot but I can not help it. They say and do some of the cutest things. This week has been another educational week on the topic of race/ethnicity. I guess the kids are becoming more aware of their surroundings.

The other day, Helen Rose was talking to me and she said the she was light white and I was dark white. Since she knows I am not black, I guess this is her way of separating different types of people.

Today we were driving through Warrior and there was a man riding in the back of the truck and the little one pointed out that he was black. I said yes he is. I then explained to them that God created everyone and that he just made people different colors. I also told them that people from different places may look different too. I then explained to them that we are in God's family no matter what they look at.

I hope they can remain indifferent when it comes to different people. I always try to help them understand that not everyone looks like them or me but we were all created by God and that we should treat everyone equal.

No comments:

Post a Comment