Monday, October 5, 2009

Jasper Stephen 10.01.09

Our beautiful boy arrived on October 1, 2009 at 4:11 PM. He had a fun arrival and lasted through 29 hours of labor until they ruled it failure to progress. The main reason I was in labor so long was because I am one of the few whose water broke before they went into labor.

By the time they decided that I was not progressing I was so ready to have him that I did not even want to listen to what the Dr had to say. I was just SO ready to meet him. We all were still thinking that he was trying to wait for his Dad to get there but I guess I could not wait any more.

Jeremy always makes fun of me because I never cry at important events but I assured him that I did cry when I heard Jasper cry for the first time. The anesthesiologist had to wipe my glasses off.

Our Jasper had to spend his first couple of days in the NICU, which was not a fun experience but we LOVED all of his nurses. They were great! He could not keep his oxygen levels up because he he took too big of a breath at first and made a little hole in the sack around his lungs (that is the easiest way to explain). He luckily got to come home on the same day as me which made me so happy because I was tried of sleeping in a hospital bed.

Today has been a great first full day at home. We have taken naps, had lots of feedings, and had our first bath! He is more beautiful everyday.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for yall. I glad he's finally here and yall are both doing great. I can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Jasper looks so cute in all of his pictures! I can't wait to make a trip to Birmingham to meet him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline, 29 hours in labor makes you a super woman in anyone's book. You made it much farther than I would have...especially without the drugs. I am so proud of you and so happy for you and Jeremy! Jasper is such a cutie, and I'm so glad everything is going well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete