Monday, August 24, 2009

Two down, five to go!

Since I have the nesting bug and have been reading a lot of baby websites that tell you to precook meals, I am on a roll. I would have three but decided to eat one instead of freezing it. It was yummy and I am going to make another to freeze. I feel like I could feed my family for the month. I hope by doing all this I will not be stressed or get hungry after the baby is born.

Some of the recipes I have gotten from other people so I have never tried them but they all sound good and I am not a picky eater. I will let everyone know how they turnout afterward.

This is random and completely off the subject but I am just thinking about it a lot lately since I have been reading about babies in my Babycenter Birth Club that have already been born. Also, a girl I know that is due about 2 weeks before me has posted info about her Dr. appointments. At my next Dr. appointment they will start doing internal checks to see it I am dilated at all. I am interested to see if Jasper is not just measuring on time but ready to come on time. I know that I could be 2 cm and stay that way for a while but I just can not wait to see if there is any changes. I am pretty sure he dropped the other day. I have to pee a lot more and have a little more pressure in my pelvis. According to everything I have read, this is why I think he has dropped and I look like I have a beer belly even more now. Sorry if this is too much info but I guess you get to a point where things just do not bother you anymore.

4 comments:

  1. Here is a recipe my friend Mandy prepared as part of a freezer meal cooking spree. She thawed one for us last weekend and it was yummy!

    1 16-ounce package spaghetti (use half)
    2 eggs, beaten
    1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/2 cup finely chopped onion (1/4 cup sauteed)
    2 tablespoons margarine or butter
    1 8-ounce carton sour cream (1 cup)
    1 pound bulk Italian or turkey sausage (2.5 cups browned)
    1 cup water
    4 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese

    Break spaghetti in half, and cook as directed on package until al dente; drain. While spaghetti is warm, combine with eggs and Parmesan cheese. Press spaghetti into bottom and up sides of a well-greased, 10-inch pie plate with a spoon. Saute onion in margarine, mix with sour cream, and spread over crust.

    At the same time, brown sausage in a large skillet; drain fat. Stir in tomato paste and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon over sour cream mixture. Cover dish with foil, and freeze. Put cheese slices in a 1-quart bag; attach to side of dish.

    To prepare for serving, thaw pie and cheese. Bake pie uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Arrange mozzarella slice on top; return pie to oven until cheese melts. Makes 8 servings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. It's called Bird's Nest Pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, I have a few easy casserole recipes I can give you. They are perfect for the fall/chilly weather. I will email them to you this week. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found a website that you can upload your own design for your announcment. It's called vistaprint.com. I think it would be cute to take a photo of the pattern of the bedding and use it as the background. Then you can add a photo of Mr. Jasper when he arrives. I could probably do the layout if you want. Just let me know what you want. They are a pretty good price and quality. We order stuff for work sometimes.

    And I'm working on the shower photos. I'll get them to you soon I promise!

    ReplyDelete